How do I connect my Smartwatch to Wifi
Yes, now we have come this far. Our technology has taken many steps ahead and brought almost a huge part of our smartphone to the smartwatches. The fancy gadgets wield so much power now! It can connect to the internet via a WiFi network. The watches have Bluetooth, music players and so much more. Today we wish to cover a question that we find people asking a lot, ‘how do I connect my smartwatch to wifi?’
The process of connecting:
Connecting a smartwatch to Wifi is not just as direct as connecting to the wifi from your smartwatch. You need to take a little detour. You have to bring the smartphone into the play. Let us have a look.
- Smartwatch needs your phone - android or iOS. There is a companion app for your smartwatch in the Google PlayStore or iOS app store. Download that and install it on your phone. If you do not know which your watch needs, find the model of your watch and do a Google search to see which companion app is required and how it works.
- Now, we hope you have got the app. Sign up and get an account from the app. Now, your app is ready to accept connections from your smartwatch.
- Now, turn Bluetooth on from the smartphone. Go to settings, then find out Bluetooth connectivity and turn the Bluetooth on.
- From the smartwatch, take the watch out from standby. While you are on the main screen, swipe down the top drawer.
- There should be an option called settings. Enter settings and find a button called connectivity.
- You will find Bluetooth and Wifi. At this moment if you try hooking your watch to the network, it will not work, because your phone needs to be connected to the watch via the Bluetooth connection.
- Go to Bluetooth settings and tap on it to search for devices.
- Now go back and tap on wifi. Your watch will search for available networks. Choose the correct WiFi network.
- Once your tap connects to your network, the watch will tell you to enter the password on your phone app.
- Go to your smartphone app and enter the password.
- Your watch will register the password and connect to your WiFi network.
Your smartwatch can do wonders once connected to WiFi. We hope you have found the answer to the questions ‘how do I connect my smartwatch to wifi’. Now, you can play with your smartwatch and your smartphone as much as you want! Enjoy!